Submission Guidelines for Student Submissions and Publications
Who can submit
Any current or past Fanshawe College student may submit their work produced at Fanshawe to FIRST. The work submitted will be subject to a review and quality assessment by either your current professor, a sponsoring faculty or staff member, and a Copyright Officer.
Former students, please contact a faculty member from the program you were in, or send an email to email@example.com and we will be happy to help you with your submission process and any questions you may have.
Accepted content including, but not limited to:
- Working papers, technical reports and research papers.
- Conference proceedings (e.g., papers, presentation slides, programs and posters).
- Journal articles and essays.
- Creative works (e.g., artwork, photography, music, recorded performances and videos, creative writing).
- Primary research (e.g., data sets, survey results and reviews).
- Books, book chapters, magazines and articles.
- Capstone projects and thesis papers.
Before you submitPlease be sure you have the following items:
- The name and email of the faculty or staff member who will be reviewing your work
- The submission's title
- The Academic School your program is in
- Your program name
- The abstract (up to 250 words)
- A list of keywords (unlimited)
- The electronic format of your file (word document, PDF, power point presentation etc)
How to submit your work
1. Log in to your FIRST account. If you have not signed up for one, please do so here.
2. Click the Submit your work here link on the right hand side of this page
3. Read and accept the Student License Agreement
4. Fill out the submission form - all items labelled in red are required fields
5. Read over the submission form to make sure everything is correct
6. Click the Submit button. This will take you to the final publishing page where you can revise your submission if need be.
You're done! Your work will now be reviewed. Keep an eye on your email as you will receive information regarding your publication.
How to Revise Your Paper
If you publish this paper or a revised version elsewhere, for example in a journal, please send the citation of the new version to SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR E-MAIL ADDRESS. We will be able to inform repository users about the new version.
If you would like to post a revised version of your paper on the site, please follow the instructions in How to Submit; however, please specify when you submit the paper that it is a revision of a previously submitted paper.